Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ostrava World Inline Cup

Last weekend I won the World Inline Cup in Ostrava, Czech Republic. It was a repeat of last year on the start line, humming and harring over what wheels to wear. I think I made a wiser choice this year as the majority of the race was dry once again. There were a couple of light threatening showers during the race but nothing heavy enough to completely saturate the road. After two laps I broke away with three other skaters and by the end there were only two of us left. It came down to a sprint between myself and short track ice skater Katerina Novotna. Katerina is a European Champion and placed 6th at the last Olympic games. Winning in Ostrava now puts me well ahead on the overall points tally for the World Inline Cup with only two races left. Below is a video from both the men's and women's races in Ostrava.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole.
    The video from Ostrava is great .

    Congratulation winning the Gigathlon in the Team-category.
    Really challenging for a skater:
    33k timetrail
    19K uphill

    Have a successful 2nd half of the season :-)

    rgds Markus

    ReplyDelete